Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Lost Innocence



This morning while dropping my son off at school we were listening to Donny Simpson on 95.5 he had a commentator on there reporting about Paula Abdul on American Idol and how she attempted to expose her boobs/cleavage very provocatively while judging the show. The producers made her change and that was that what I found compelling was my son said to me, Mom there's this girl in my class and she always try to show off her cleavage. My response was oh wow that's pretty sad what do you think about that? Well I think it's disgusting I think she's to young to be showing off her cleavage is what my son said. There was a quiet relief in knowing my son understood that that type of behavior is inappropriate for a 5th grader I also felt a sense of pride because he knew that already. Well I told my son don't date fast girls because they will be fast to date your friends.



Our youth along with the rest of the world is evolving quickly but does this mean the innocence should be lost in the evolution? I say no, I say more adults should be involved and care enough to say or correct a young child be it your own or not. When I grew if I walked down the street in short shorts my neighbors would check me (example only). Of course there are boundaries on how one would approach such child but guidance is needed for us all.

1 comment:

  1. I feel sorry for these kids because guidance is lost. I too remember back in the day when a "village" (neighborhood) did raise the children of that neighborhood. Everybody knew which kid belong to who and if you stepped out of line even rolled your eyes... you would be corrected and then that person would tell your mama and you would get your ass spanked.
    Times have changed now you have parents that think their children's ass is made of gold and you better not say anything to them or the parent will get a attitude with you.
    I feel so sorry for teachers and adults that have to work with children and their parents... they are up against a lot of mess these days.
    It's sorry.
    Oh! And for these mothers who have daughters instead of allowing the Hip Hop stars and their videos to raise your little girls...
    More time should be spent by you teaching them how to carry and conduct themselves as respectable little ladies.
    I'm sorry but I got to tell the truth because some of the stories my 13 yr old son tells me about some of the girls he go to school with are shameful...just shameful

    ReplyDelete