Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Liberace...








Matt Damon and Michael Douglas may raise a few eyebrows with their next movie. The two have signed on for a biopic about the life of American entertainer Liberace. As you may know, Liberace was believed to be a homosexual, and had a live-in boyfriend who was much younger than he was. He sued Liberace for $113 million in palimony, despite the entertainer’s vehement denial that he was gay. According to USA Today, Damon will play Liberace’s lover Scott Thorson, while Douglas will play the main role. Douglas told Canada’s Sun Media, “Matt’s going to be my young lover. Why not? God bless Matt. Hey, it’s easy for me - he’s in his prime. I said to him, ‘Matt, I love you, man. Boy, that ‘Bourne’ (series) must really be going strong.’ But good for him. He’s right taking chances. All those young guys - (George) Clooney - they’re taking risks… It’s smart trying to mix it up a bit and maintain those franchises and still get to do a picture that turns you on.” Matt seem to be just as excited for the film, saying, “I’m doing this Liberace movie. Michael Douglas is playing Liberace and I play his lover. Steven (Soderbergh) is directing it. I saw Michael last night. He comes up and says, ‘Get your Chapstick ready.’ It’s going to be a great movie. My role is a great role. But Michael’s role? It’s spectacular.” Soderbergh says he couldn’t have found a better Liberace if he tried. He says, “We’ve already done some costume and wardrobe tests on Michael, and they’re very, very, very good. I swear to you, Michael amazed me. He crushed it.” Sounds like a heavy couple of roles! We’ll be interested to see how they pull it off!






HollyScoop

No comments:

Post a Comment