Monday, June 29, 2009

And Away You Go....


The sentencing process for Bernie Madoff was handed down in New York City today (June 29).
The convicted swindler was sentenced to 150 years in prison for his multibillion-dollar fraud scheme.
Over ten victims spoke in court and several hundred spectators were on hand to watch justice be served.
Madoff’’s lawyer asked for a 12-years sentence, but told the court that Madoff expected “to live out his years in prison.”
Afterwards, Madoff made a statement. Among the excerpts:
– “I dug myself deeper into a hole” as the fraud scheme progressed.”
– “I cannot offer you and excuse for my behaviour, how can you excuse betraying thousands of investors.”
– “I don’t ask for any forgiveness. I did not intend to do any harm, but I did a great deal of harm I made an error of judgment. I could not accept the fact that for once in my life I failed.”
– “I left a legacy of shame.”


(Jackedfrom:FadedYouth)

No comments:

Post a Comment