Monday, June 15, 2009

Is Nothing Private?


NEWS BREAK:


FORT PIERCE, Fla. -- A 61-year-old man was robbed while sitting on the toilet in the bathroom of a Fort Pierce convenience store, the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office said Friday.
The robbery occurred Wednesday at Fred's Food & Grocery on Angle Road.
Terry "Squiggy" Melton said he was using the bathroom when the two teens barged in.
"One stepped in front of me with his leg in front of me, and I (am about to say), 'I'll be through in just a minute,' thinking that he wanted to use the bathroom, and the other guy walked in and hit me right in the side of the head," Melton told WPBF News 25's Bob Kaple.
Melton said the teens had been standing behind him in line at the checkout counter. Deputies said they followed him into the bathroom on the side of the business.
"I'm over like this, wiping my rear-end," Melton said, demonstrating his business. "And this guy hits me in the side of the head and reaches down right into my pants around my ankles and comes up with the wallet and they're gone."
The teens got away with $87 in cash and all of Melton's identification.
Melton told the store owner, who dialed 911. Melton said he just wants his wallet back, but store owner Husam Karakra said he hopes they go to jail.
"Hopefully, they catch them, man," Karakra said. "We need those bad guys off the street."
Deputies said Karakra saw the teens running away and recognized them because they always came into the store. Deputies said they expect to make arrests soon.
(Source:FreshCrunkJuice)

No comments:

Post a Comment