Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Tupac!



Late rap legend Tupac Shakur will be honored on his birthday with a star-studded benefit concert organized by his mother Afeni Shakur.
The hip-hop icon was gunned down in September 1996, aged just 25, and his mum is determined to keep his memory alive by planning an event, to be hosted by comedian Mike Epps, to mark what would have been her son's 38th birthday on 16 June (09). And Epps is delighted to be getting involved with the gig.
He says, "I'm a longtime fan of Pac's music. It's always been the soundtrack for overcoming struggle and when my life was in a desolate place it was his messages that helped bring me through. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for his inspiration.
"It's an honor for me to stand alongside his mother, Afeni Shakur, in celebrating such a personal moment in her son's history."
The concert will take place at The Tupac Amaru Shakur Center for the Arts in Atlanta, Georgia. A full line-up has yet to be revealed.
(Source:PanacheReport)

No comments:

Post a Comment