Monday, June 8, 2009

Open Mouth-Insert Foot




KRXQ management suspended the hosts of the Rob, Arnie & Dawn Show indefinitely for what it said were “offensive comments about transgendered people.”
The station posted a letter on its website from D.J. Rob Williams of the morning show who wrote, “We presented our opinions on a very sensitive subject in a hateful, childish and crude fashion.”
Here’s the text of the opinions that got them taken off the air.
“If my son, God forbid, if my son put on a pair of high heels, I would probably hit him with one of my shoes,” States said. “I would throw a shoe at him. Because you know what? Boys don’t wear high heels. And in my house, they definitely don’t wear high heels.”
“[T]hey are freaks,” Williams said. “They are abnormal. Not because they’re girls trapped in boys bodies but because they have a mental disorder that needs to be somehow gotten out of them.”
“You got a boy saying, ‘I wanna wear dresses.’ I’m going to look at him and go, ‘You know what? You’re a little idiot! You little dumbass! Look, you are a boy! Boys don’t wear dresses,’” States said. And about eight minutes later added, “You know, my favorite part about hearing these stories about the kids in high school, who the entire high school caters around, lets the boy wear the dress. I look forward to when they go out into society and society beats them down.”
The Sacramento Bee has reported that companies Bank of America and Chipotle have pulled their advertising as a result of the statements. [link]




I know the other day I mentioned Derek of ATL and how he dresses but I don't believe my comments were as judgemental as the opinions of these three radio hosts.

(Source:PanacheReport)

No comments:

Post a Comment