Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Queen Latifah Bares All...


“He violated me. I never told anybody. I just buried it as deeply as I could and kept people at an arms length. I never really let a person get too close to me. I could have been married years ago, but I had a commitment issue,” Latifah says in the latest issue of Essence magazine marking her 3,799th appearance in the magazine.


I commend Latifah for baring her soul. Violation is a deep and private hurt and often leaves one feeling alone...however with love, faith, and acceptance coping with the after effects of sexual abuse is a reality.


(Source:TheLifeFiles)

1 comment:

  1. That's probably the prettiest I've ever seen the Queen. I saw her on ET or something, speaking about this and I was completed distracted wondering if she'd had a nose job. I can only hope she didn't and it was a makeup thing or a trick of the light, but her nose DID look different.

    ReplyDelete