Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Who Knew...





This is sad to hear the loss of a beloved mother however I never knew his mother was a black woman....

Costume designer Ola Hudson, who made outfits for the likes of David Bowie, John Lennon and Ringo Starr but is perhaps better known as the mother of former Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash, has died after a battle with lung cancer, a longtime friend said. Hudson died at Saint John’s Health Center in the Los Angeles municipality of Santa Monica on Friday evening, according to Arlett Vereecke. She was 62. In addition to Slash, 43 – whose real name is Saul Hudson — she is survived by another son, graphic artist Albion “Ash” Hudson, 38, as well as her ex-husband, English artist Anthony Hudson. In a Twitter message late on Monday, Slash said he was back in the studio working on a solo project, “but I’m having a hard time concentrating.” His mother dated Bowie after her marriage broke up in the mid-1970s. ”I really didn’t like him that much, because he was the new guy in the house,” Slash said of Bowie in a 1990 interview with Rolling Stone magazine. “I was really resentful.” Funeral arrangements were still being finalized.


(Source:TheGossipJacker)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know Slash's mother had cancer/passed, but I knew he was black. I'd heard it somewhere before and then was reminded when I saw him on HBO's The Black List.

    This is sad news, woman was very influential in rock, with the fashion/stylist angle and producing a musical prodigy in Slash. I'm not an owner of GNR music, but Slash had a hand in one of my favorite songs, "Obsession" from the soundtrack for the movie, Curdled.

    RIP, MamaSlash

    ReplyDelete
  2. @1000
    Wow you are wealth of knowledge I didn't know he was on HBO's The Black List
    -Choco

    ReplyDelete